Tour of the Novodevichy Convent with visiting of the Novodevichy Cemetery
- Стоимость: from 2 900 ₽ / person
- Количество человек: up to 6 people
- Время: 4 hours
Walking tour. The length of the tour - 4 hours
Novodevichy Convent is a beautifulMoscow baroque architectural ensemble. It was built in 1524 by decree of the Grand Duke Vasily III. The complex was included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. It tops the list of the most famous operating monastery of Russia.
In 1904 the privileged monastery was enriched with another special attraction as the Novodevichy cemetery. Here lie the most famous people of the capital and the idols of generations. People come here to honor the memory of Denis Davydov, Nickolay Gogol, Anton Chekhov, Mikhail Bulgakov, Ivan Lazhechnikov, the legendary General Brusilov. Many tombstones of the Novodevichy cemetery are real sculptural masterpieces.
You will see:
- The most significant, characterized by incredible beauty of the construction of the main architectural ensemble of the Novodevichy Convent;
- Church of the Intercession;
- Smartly restored temple of the Beheading of John the Baptist;
- Church of the Savior;
- Resting places of Gogol, Stanislavsky, Mayakovsky, Chekhov, Khrushchev, Nikulin, Yeltsin, Alliluyeva, Yakovlev, Zykina and other famous compatriots.
You will also know:
- What influenced on the choice of territory for the construction of the Virgin – Smolensk Novodevichy Convent;
- About four unusual nuns, whose fate is inextricably linked with the Novodevichy Convent, - Elena of Moscow, Tsarina Irina Godunova, Tsarina Evdokia Lopukhina and Tsarevna Sofya;
- How is the Novodevichy Convent concerned with the concept of "Moscow - the Third Rome";
- Why VasilyShuisky used the Novodevichy Convent as a symbol of supremacy over other principalities;
- About the second streltsy uprising around of the Novodevichy Convent and the legends associated with this uprising;
- How the monastery turned into a white stone fortress;
- How the name of the monastery is concerned with the territory of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior;
- Why the large cemetery after the revolution turned into a prestigious necropolis;
- A stone riddle on the grave of M. A. Bulgakov;
- How much is true the version Nickolay Gogol was buried alive and other not less interesting facts about the Novodevichy Convent and the greatest personalities buried in the Novodevichy Cemetery!
You will have enough impressions from a two-hours walk for a lifetime! Do not miss an extraordinary journey, join us!
|Number of people in the group:||Cost per person in the group:|
|1 pax||11 650 ₽|
|2 pax||6 400 ₽|
|3 pax||4 700 ₽|
|4 pax||3 800 ₽|
|5 pax||3 300 ₽|
|6 pax||2 900 ₽|